Gerard (1985): study GB 1981
- Gerard, D.
- Values and Voluntary Work.
- Abrams, M.; et al.;Eds.: "Values and Social Change in Britain", McMillan, 1985, London, UK, 201 - 226
- 18+ aged, general public, Great Britain, 1981
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 1231
- Non Response:
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 10 questions:
During the past few weeks, did you ever feel ....? (yes/no)
A Particularly excited or interested in something?
B So restless that you couldn't sit long in a chair?
C Proud because someone complimented you on something
you had done?
D Very lonely or remote from other people?
E Pleased about having accomplished something?
G On top of the world?
H Depressed or very unhappy?
I That things were going your way?
J Upset because someone criticized you?
Answer options and scoring:
yes = 1
no = 0
-Positive Affect Score (PAS): A+C+E+G+I
-Negative Affect Score (NAS): B+D+F+H+J
-Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range: -5 to +5
Name: Bradburn's 'Affect Balance Scale' (standard version)
- Author's label:
- Psychological well-being
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -5 - 5 On range 0-10
- 1.41 6.40