Gelfin et al. (1998): study IL 1996
- Gelfin, Y.; Gorfine, M.; Lerer, B.
- Effect of Clinical Doses of Fluoxetine on Psychological Variables in Healthy Volunteers.
- American Journal of Psychiatry, 1998, Vol. 155, 290 - 292
- Participants in single blind drug experiment. Israel,1995
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 15
- Non Response:
Evaluation with self- and observed-rated instruments. Telephone at the end of each week in which the respondent was not seen in person
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
'How would you rate your overall life-satisfaction and contentment during the past week?'
1 very poor
5 very good
Last item (nr 277) in 'Quality of life enjoyment and satisfaction questionnaire (Q-LES-Q) by Jean Endicott. The focus of this questionnaire is on health problems and physical performance.
- Author's label:
- Life Satisfaction
- Baseline happiness: M=3,8; SD=0,4
Average at 10 weeks: T1: M=3,7; SD=0,5; T2: M=3,7; SD=0,5; T3: M=3,9; T4: M=3,9; SD=0,4
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
Actual changes in happiness