Gash et al. (2010): study DE 1996
- Gash, V.; Mertens, A.; Romeu Gordo, L.
- Women between Part-Time and Full-Time Work: The Influence of Changing Hours of Work on Happiness and Life Satisfaction.
- Working paper SOEP no. 268, DIW, 2010, Berlin, Germany
- Married women aged 20-59, Germany, followed 10 years, 1996-2006,
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 21189
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Recoded to scale 1-7. On recoded scale Mean = 4,90, SD = 0,16
- Page in publication:
Full-time vs part-time
Change from/to full-time homemaker