Ganglmair Wooliscroft & Lawson (2008): study NZ 2005
- Ganglmair Wooliscroft, A.; Lawson, R.
- Applying the International Wellbeing Index to Investigate Subjective Wellbeing of New Zealanders with European and with Maori Heritage.
- New Zealand Journal of Social Sciences Online, 2008, Vol. 3, 57 - 72
- 18+ aged, general public, New-Zealand, 2005
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 3556
- Non Response:
Respondents were asked to indicate their ethnicity as being of European or Maori descent
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Thinking about your own life and personal circumstances, how satisfied are you with your life as a whole?
0 completely unsatisfied
5 neither unsatisfied nor satisfied
10 completely satisfied
First item in Cummins' 'Personal Well-being Scale' (labels used since 2005)
- Author's label:
- Subjective Well-being
- Personal Wellbeing Index (PWI) and National Wellbeing Index (NWI) for New Zealanders of European descent. For New Zealanders of Maori descent: M=66,5, SD=22,1.
Means and standard deviations are expressed in % scale range in the report.
- Page in publication:
- 57. 66
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 69.80 6.98
- 20.20 2.02
Satisfaction with own accomplishments
Satisfaction with social contacts in vicinity