Gallup World View (2012): study CN 2012 /1
- Gallup World View,
- Gallup World Poll. 2012.
- Gallup World View, Gallup Organization, 2012, New York, USA
- 15+ aged general public China, 2012
- Survey name
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 2000
- Non Response
Multiple assesment methods
Face-to-Face and Landline Telephone
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 11 questions
Did you experience the following feelings during A LOT OF THE DAY yesterday? How about..?
B physical pain
Did you yesterday..?
H feel well rested
I smile and laugh a lot
J learn or do something interesting
K were you treated with respect all day yesterday
- Average % positive affect = (A+H)+I+J+K)/5
- Average % negative affect = (B+C+D+E+F+G)/6
- Affect Balance = Average % positive affect - Average % negative affect
These questions do not measure hedonic level of affect of individual persons adequately, since yesterday's mood does not always correspond with typical average mood. Yet these questions can be used for measuring hedonic level in aggregates, such as nations, since individual variations balance out in big samples.
- Author's label:
- Yesterdays Feelings
- Data Depression 2010
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -100 - 100 On range 0-10
- 55.90 -
- - -