print

Studies

Gallup (2011): study US 2013

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Homepage.
Source:
Gallup Organization, New York, USA

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, United States, 2013
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multi-stage random
Respondents:
N = 1000
Non Response:
Assessment:
Interview: telephone (CATI)

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied with the way things are going in your personal life at this time?
2  satisfied
1  dissatisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-c-sq-v-2-a
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 20%,   2: 79%   (total 99%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.80 7.37
SD:
0.40 2.25