print

Studies

Gallup (2011): study US 2006

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Homepage.
Source:
Gallup Organization, New York, USA

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, United States, 2006
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multistage stratified area sample
Respondents:
N = 0
Non Response:
0
Assessment:
Interview: telephone (CATI)

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in your own personal life?
1  dissatisfied
2  satisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-g-sq-v-2-b
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 15%,   2: 84%   (total 99%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.85 7.65
SD:
0.36 2.01