print

Studies

Gallup (2011): study US 1983

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Homepage.
Source:
Gallup Organization, New York, USA

Investigation

Public:
16+ aged, general public, United States, 1983
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multi-stage random
Respondents:
N = 1000
Non Response:
2
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in your own personal life?
1  dissatisfied
2  satisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-g-sq-v-2-b
Remarks:
This survey is not mentioned in the review of Saad 2004
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 22%,   2: 76%   (total 98%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.78 7.24
SD:
0.42 2.34