Gallup (2009a): study ZA 2010
- Data from Gallup World Poll provided on request August 2009.
- Personal communication.
- 15+ aged, general public, South Africa, 2011
- Survey name:
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 1000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cantril Ladder
- Data Adjusted on the basis of Burger.et.al. 2015, Unhappy Development: Subjective WellBeing in the Wake of Arab Spring
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 4.65 4.65
- 1.89 1.89