print

Studies

Gallup (2008): study US 2005 /2

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Brain: Archive of Gallup polls since 1935
Source:
The Gallup Organization, USA

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, United States, 2005
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multistage stratified area sample
Respondents:
N = 1013
Non Response:
0
Assessment:
Interview: telephone (CATI)

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

Generally speaking, how happy would you say you are.....?
3   very happy
2   fairly happy
1   not too happy
Classification:
O-HL-g-sq-v-3-d
Remarks:
Questionaire: Gallup Poll Social Series: Lifestyle
Page in publication:
qn6
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 8.38%,   2: 38.7%,   3: 52.53%   (total 99.61%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
Mean:
2.44 7.77
SD:
0.64 1.73
Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied with the way things are going in your personal life?
2  satisfied
1  dissatisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-u-sq-v-2-a
Remarks:
Questionaire: Gallup Poll Social Series: Lifestyle
Page in publication:
qn4
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 13.36%,   2: 84.47%   (total 97.83%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.86 7.74
SD:
0.34 1.92