print

Studies

Gallup (2008): study US 2004 /2

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Brain: Archive of Gallup polls since 1935
Source:
The Gallup Organization, USA

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, United States, 2004
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multistage stratified area sample
Respondents:
N = 1003
Non Response:
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied with the way things are going in your personal life at this time?
2  satisfied
1  dissatisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-c-sq-v-2-a
Remarks:
Also reported in Saad 2004
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 13.61%,   2: 84.54%   (total 98.15%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.86 7.72
SD:
0.35 1.94
Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

Generally speaking, how happy would you say you are.....?
3   very happy
2   fairly happy
1   not too happy
Classification:
O-HL-g-sq-v-3-d
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 5.44%,   2: 42.29%,   3: 51.11%   (total 98.84%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
Mean:
2.46 7.82
SD:
0.60 1.62