print

Studies

Gallup (2008): study US 2003 /3

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Brain: Archive of Gallup polls since 1935
Source:
The Gallup Organization, USA

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, United States, 2003
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multistage stratified area sample
Respondents:
N = 1010
Non Response:
0
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied with the way things are going in your personal life at this time?
2  satisfied
1  dissatisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-c-sq-v-2-a
Remarks:
Also reported in Saad 2004
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 10.63%,   2: 88.53%   (total 99.16%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.89 7.90
SD:
0.31 1.73