print

Studies

Gallup (2008): study US 2002 /1

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Brain: Archive of Gallup polls since 1935
Source:
The Gallup Organization, USA

Investigation

Public:
18+ aged, general public, United States, 2002
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multistage stratified area sample
Respondents:
N = 1002
Non Response:
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

Generally speaking, how happy would you say you are.....?
3   very happy
2   fairly happy
1   not too happy
Classification:
O-HL-g-sq-v-3-d
Remarks:
Also reported in Saad 2004
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 5.61%,   2: 44.5%,   3: 49.31%   (total 99.42%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
Mean:
2.44 7.75
SD:
0.60 1.63
Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied with the way things are going in your personal life at this time?
2  satisfied
1  dissatisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-c-sq-v-2-a
Remarks:
Also reported in Saad 2004
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 15.95%,   2: 82.9%   (total 98.85%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.84 7.60
SD:
0.37 2.06