print

Studies

Gallup (2008): study US 1987

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Brain: Archive of Gallup polls since 1935
Source:
The Gallup Organization, USA

Investigation

Public:
16+ aged, general public, United States, 1987
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multi-stage random
Respondents:
N = 1349
Non Response:
2
Assessment:
Interview: telephone (CATI)

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in your own personal life?
1  dissatisfied
2  satisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-g-sq-v-2-b
Remarks:
Also reported in Saad 2004
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 14.78%,   2: 82.89%   (total 97.67%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.85 7.65
SD:
0.36 2.01