print

Studies

Gallup (2008): study US 1985 /1

Publication

Author(s):
Gallup,
Title:
Gallup Brain: Archive of Gallup polls since 1935
Source:
The Gallup Organization, USA

Investigation

Public:
16+ aged, general public, United States, 1985
Survey name:
Gallup poll
Sample:
Probability multi-stage random
Respondents:
N = 1330
Non Response:
1
Assessment:
Interview: face-to-face

Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings

Full text:
Selfreport on single question:

In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in your own personal life?
1  dissatisfied
2  satisfied
Classification:
O-SLP-g-sq-v-2-b
Remarks:
Also reported in Saad 2004
Observed distribution
Frequencies
1: 16.36%,   2: 82.32%   (total 98.68%)
Summary Statistics
On original range 1 - 2 On range 0-10
Mean:
1.83 7.57
SD:
0.37 2.08