Gallup (2008): study US 1977
- Gallup Brain: Archive of Gallup polls since 1935
- The Gallup Organization, USA
- 18+ aged, general public, United States, 1977
- Survey name:
- Gallup poll
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 1506
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Now here are some questions concerning how satisfied - or dissatisfied - you are with various things about your life, such as your standard of living, your education etc. To indicate this, would you use this card. If you are extremely SATISFIED with something you would call of the highest number, ten. If you are extremely DISSATISFIED you would mention the lowest number, zero. If you are neither extremely satisfied nor extremely dissatisfied, you would mention some number in between zero and ten - the higher the number, the more satisfied, the lower the number the less satisfied.
How satisfied - or dissatisfied - are you with the following? Just read off the number that comes closest to how you feel.
We have talked about various parts of your life. Now taking everything into account, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your life as a whole?
- Page in publication:
- Poll 989
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0.11%, 2: 0.57%, 3: 0.34%, 4: 0.68%, 5: 1.02%, 6: 7.47%, 7: 6.37%, 8: 13.77%, 9: 26.14%, 10: 20.75%, 11: 22.26% (total 99.48%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 8.02 8.02
- 1.73 1.73