Gall et al. (1997): study CA Ontario 1981
- Gall, T.L.; Evans, D.R.; Howard, J.
- The Retirement Adjustment Process: Changes in the Well-Being of Male Retirees across Time.
- Journal of Gerontology, 1997, Vol.52b, 110 - 117
- Male retirees, Canada, followed 6-7 years, 1981-1988
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 224
- Non Response:
T1 pre-retirement, T2 1 years post retirement, T3 6-7 years post retirement
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
In general how satisfying do you find the way you are spending your life these days. Would you call it.....?
3 completely satisfying
2 pretty satisfying
1 not very satisfying
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- T1 (2 to 4 pre-retirement) M=2,12; SD=0,52; T2 (1 year post-retirement) M=2,20; SD=0,50; T3 (6-7 years postretirement M=2,22; SD=0,50
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10