Galatzer-Levy et al. (2010): study DE 1984
- Galatzer-Levy, I.R.; Bonanno, G.A.; Mancini, A.D.
- From Marianthal to Latent Growth Mixture Modeling: A Return to the Exploration of Individual Differences in Response to Unemployment.
- Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology, and Economics, 2010, Vol. 3, 116 - 125
- 21-60 aged unemployed, before and after jobloss, Germany, 1984-2003
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP combined waves
- Selection from general population sample
- N = 774
- Non Response:
Annual interviews at 8 waves of data ( 3 waves pre-event, 1 wave year of event, 4 waves post-event). Subjects were organized around a 'floating baseline' method where subjects' data was centered on the year of unemployment.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
Unemployment in region