Frijters et al. (2004a): study DE 1991 /1
- Frijters, P.; Haisken-DeNew, J.P.; Shields, M.A.
- Money does Matter! Evidence from Increasing Real Income and Life Satisfaction in East Germany following Reunification.
- The American Economic Review, 2004, Vol. 94, 730 - 740
- 21-64 aged general public, East Germany, 1991-2001
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP combined waves
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 3086
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Mean for 1991.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.96 5.96
Married vs divorced
Married vs separated
Married vs never married
Dependent persons in household
Handicapped persons in household
Not in labor force
Full-time vs part-time
In/out maternity leave
Trend average happiness in males /females