Freeman et al. (1986): study US 1979
- Freeman, M.; Csikszentmihalyi, M.; Larson, R.
- Adolescence and its Recollections: Toward an Interpretive Model of Development.
- Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 1986, Vol. 32, 267 - 185
- Adolescents, USA followed 2 years, 1979-1981
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 27
- Non Response:
Each respondent filled out self-report forms in response to signals occurring once every 2 hours (randomly generated) from 7:30 in the morning to 10:30 on weekday evenings and until 1:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday for the duration of 1 week at T1 and T2.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report of momentary affect, repeated every 2 hours during two weeks
Lead question not reported
A Happy vs Sad
B Friendly vs Angry
C Cheerful vs Irritable
D Sociable vs Lonely
Rated on 7 step numerical scale (semantic differential)
- Author's label:
- Random beeps from 7:30 in the morning to 10:30 on weekday evenings and until 1:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Average on range 1-7 computed by WDH team from reported values on range 1-28: 19,29 at T1 and 18,90 at T2.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%, 7: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10