Franklin et al. (1986): study US 1985
- Franklin, J.L.; Simmons, J.; Solowitz, B.
- Assessing Quality of Life of the Mentally Ill. A Three Dimensional Model.
- Evaluation & The Health Professions, 1986, Vol. 9, 376 -388
- 18-65 aged, mentally ill, USA, 1985
- Non-probability purposive-expert sample
- N = 220
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 10 questions:
During the past few weeks, did you ever feel ....? (yes/no)
A Particularly excited or interested in something?
B So restless that you couldn't sit long in a chair?
C Proud because someone complimented you on something
you had done?
D Very lonely or remote from other people?
E Pleased about having accomplished something?
G On top of the world?
H Depressed or very unhappy?
I That things were going your way?
J Upset because someone criticized you?
Answer options and scoring:
yes = 1
no = 0
-Positive Affect Score (PAS): A+C+E+G+I
-Negative Affect Score (NAS): B+D+F+H+J
-Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range: -5 to +5
Name: Bradburn's 'Affect Balance Scale' (standard version)
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance Scale
- Page in publication: