Easterlin & Plagnol (2008): study DE 1984
- Easterlin, R.A.; Plagnol, A.C.
- Life satisfaction and economic conditions in East and West Germany pre- and post-unification.
- Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 68, 433-444.
- 16-65 aged general public, Germany, followed 1-21 years, 1984-2004
- Survey name:
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 294528
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life Satisfaction
- Own calculation
- Page in publication:
- 433, 40 (appendix)
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.55 6.55
- - -