Easterlin et al. (2012): study CN 2009
- Easterlin, R.A.; Morgan, R.; Switek, M.; Wang, F.
- China's Life Satisfaction, 1990 - 2010.
- PNAS, 2012, Vol. 109, 9775 - 9780
- 18+ aged, general public, China, 2009
- Survey name
- CN-Gallup Poll of China
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 4188
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cantril Ladder
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 4.45 4.45
- 1.82 1.82