Easterlin (1974): study ZZ 1965
- Easterlin, R.A.
- Does Economic Growth Improve the Human Lot? Some Empirical Evidence.
- David, P.A.;Melvin, W.R.;Eds.: "Nations and Households in Economic Growth", Academic Press, 1974, New York, USA, 89 - 125.
- General public, 9 nations, 1965
- N = 10781
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Taking all things together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say you are...?
3 very happy
2 fairly happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- In Japan the questions had only two response options: happy or not happy
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.13 5.67
- 0.02 0.11