Easterlin (1974): study US 1970
- Easterlin, R.A.
- Does Economic Growth Improve the Human Lot? Some Empirical Evidence.
- David, P.A.;Melvin, W.R.;Eds.: "Nations and Households in Economic Growth", Academic Press, 1974, New York, USA, 89 - 125.
- Adults, general public, USA, 1970
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 1517
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say you are...?
3 very happy
2 fairly happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 43%, 2: 48%, 3: 6% (total 97%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 1.62 5.61
- 0.60 1.50