Dott & Walling (1995): study EC 1990
- Dott, S.G.; Walling, D.P.
- Quality of Life: Exploring How Patients Change.
- Poster presented at Annual Meeting American Psychological Association Meeting, May 1995, Miami, USA
- Psychiatric patients, before and after hospitalization, USA, 199?
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 78
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
'How would you rate your overall life-satisfaction and contentment during the past week?'
1 very poor
5 very good
Last item (nr 277) in 'Quality of life enjoyment and satisfaction questionnaire (Q-LES-Q) by Jean Endicott. The focus of this questionnaire is on health problems and physical performance.
- Author's label:
- life satisfaction overall
- Average of patients at T1 and T2 in both university psychiatric hospital and crisis residential treatment facility
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
Actual changes in happiness