Dixon et al. (1984): study US 1979
- Dixon, R.D.; Hepburn, M.J.; Lowery, R.C.; Sabella, J.C.
- Fisherman's Wives: A Case Study of a Middle Atlantic Coastal Fishing Community.
- Sex Roles, 1984, Vol. 10, 33 - 52
- Fishermen and wives, and non-fishermen's wives controls, U.S.A., 1979
- N = 271
- Non Response:
- 1 to 2%, mostly by absence
Interrogation; both personal interview and questionnaire
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
".....personal standing on quality-of-life ladder..."
(Full lead item not reported)
[ 5 ] best possible
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ] worst possible
Name: Cantril's self anchoring ladder rating (adapted version)
- Author's label:
- Quality of life