DiTella & MacCulloch (2006): study DE West Germany 1985
- DiTella, R.; MacCulloch, R.J.
- Some Uses of Happiness Data in Economics.
- Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2006, Vol. 20, 25 - 46
- Adults, general public, West Germany 1985-2000
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 8649
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
Trend in general public