Diener & Tay (2015): study ZZ 2005
- Diener, E.; Tay, L.
- Subjective Well-Being and Human Welfare Around the World as Reflected in the Gallup World Poll.
- International Journal of Psychology, 2015, Vol. 50, 135 - 149
- 15+ Aged, general public, 164 nations, 2005-2013
- Survey name:
- INT-Gallup World Polls
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 1229431
- Non Response:
In addtion Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Subjective well-being (SWB)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.40 5.40
- - -
Perceived corruption in nation
Trend average happiness in general public
Trend inequality of happiness in places