Diener et al. (2010a): study ZZ 2005
- Diener, E.; Harter, J.K.; Ng, W.
- Wealth and Happiness across the World: Material Prosperity predicts Life Evaluation, Whereas Psychosocial Prosperity predicts Positive Feeling.
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 2010, Vol. 99, 52 - 61
- 15+ aged, general public, 132 nations, 2005-2006
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 136839
- Non Response
And telephone interview.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Self-anchoring striving scale
- Page in publication: