Diener et al. (1995b): study US Illinois 1990 /1
- Diener, E.; Fujita, F.; Wolsic, B.
- Physical Attractiveness and Subjective Well-Being.
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1995, Vol. 69, 120 - 129
- University students, USA, 199?
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 131
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Use the list below to answer the following question: IN GENERAL, HOW HAPPY OR UNHAPPY DO YOU USUALLY FEEL? Check the one statement that best describes your average happiness.
10 extremely happy (feeling ecstatic, joyous, fantastic!)
9 very happy (feeling really good and elated!)
8 pretty happy (spirits high, feeling good)
7 mildly happy (feeling fairly good and somewhat cheerful)
6 slightly happy ( just a bit above neutral)
5 slightly unhappy (just a bit below neutral)
4 mildly unhappy (just a bit low)
3 pretty unhappy (somewhat "blue", spirits down)
2 very unhappy ( depressed, spirits very low)
1 extremely unhappy (utterly depressed, completely down)
Name: Fordyce's overall happiness item.