Currie et al. (2004): study ZZ Developed nations 2001
- Currie, C.; Barnekow Rasmussen, V.; Morgan, A.; Rasch, J.; Roberts, C.; Samdal, O.; Settertobulte, W.; Smith, R.
- Young People's Health in Context, Health Behaviour in School-aged Children study: International Report from the 2001/2002 Survey. Health Policy for Children and Adolescents No.4
- WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2004.
- 11,13 and 15 aged, school children, 33 countries and regions, 2001
- Probability cluster sample
- N = 162306
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Specially trained personnel, teachers and school nurses administered the completion of questionnaires in school classrooms.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is a picture of a ladder. The top of the ladder '10' represents the best possible life for you and the bottom '0' is the worst possible life for you. In general , where on the ladder do you feel you stand at the moment? Tick the box next to the number that best describes where you stand
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- A score of 6 or more was defined as a positive level of life satisfaction. Percentage scoring 6 or more = 80,8
Full distribution of responses not reported
- Page in publication:
- 57, 229
Attitudes to school
Amount of current support received