Cummins et al. (2003a): study AU 2002
- Cummins, R.A.; Davern, M.T.; Eckersley, R.; Hunter, B.; Lo, S.K.; Okerstrom, E.
- Australian Unity Wellbeing Index, Survey 5, Report 5.0. The Wellbeing of Australians: 1. Personal Finances 2. The Impact of the Bali Bombing.
- Australian Center on Quality of Life, 2003, Melbourne, Australia.
- 18+ aged, general public, Australia, 2002
- Probability area sample
- N = 1999
- Non Response
- Interview: Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Thinking about your own life and personal circumstances, how satisfied are you with your life as a whole?
1 very dissatisfied
10 very satisfied
First item in Cummins' 'Personal Well-being Scale' (labels used until 2005)
- Author's label:
- Life as a whole
- The values presented in the report are stretched to range 0-100
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.77 7.77
- 1.73 1.73