Crandall (1976): study US Ohio 1973
- Crandall, R.
- Validation of Self-Report Measures Using Ratings by Others.
- Sociological Methods and Measures, 1976, Vol. 4, 380 -400
- Adults, Toledo, USA, 1973
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive-quota sample
- N = 771
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Self raters: in groups in several sessions at centrally located churches during July 1973; Other raters: by mail.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'
- Author's label:
- life as a whole self-rating
- Page in publication: