Conen (2005): study ZZ EU 15 2001
- Conen, W.
- De Baan in Europa: Best belangrijk? Een onderzoek naar de Relatie tussen Arbeidsduur en Levensvoldoening. (Job in Europe: Important? On the Relation between Worktime and Life Satisfaction).
- Master thesis, Utrecht University, 2005, Netherlands.
- 15-64 aged working people, 15 European countries, 2001
- Mixed samples
- N = 7054
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
On the whole how satisfied are you with the life you lead?
4 very satisfied
3 fairly satisfied
2 not very satisfied
1 not at all satisfied
- Don't know
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Refers to weighed mean calculated by means of fractions that wants to work less hours, the same number of hours and more hours.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 35.17%, 2: 56.3%, 3: 7.7%, 4: 0.9% (total 100.07%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 4 On range 0-10
Size of current job
Attitudes to own (un)employment