Cheung & Lucas (2014): study DE 2010
- Cheung, F.; Lucas, R.E.
- Assessing the Validity of Single-Item Life Satisfaction Measures: Results from Three Large Samples.
- Quality of Life Research, 2014, Vol. 23, 2809 - 2818.
- 18+ aged, general public, Germany, 2010
- Survey name:
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 1312
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.38 7.38
- 1.64 1.64
Feeling secure (vs threatened)
Feeling self-confident (vs inadequate)