Chang & Nayga Jr. (2010): study TW 2001
- Chang, H.H.; Nayga Jr., R.M.
- Childhood Obesity and Unhappiness: the Influence of Soft Drinks and Fast Food Consumption.
- Journal of Happiness Studies, 2010, Vol. 11, 261 - 275
- Under 12 aged, children, Taiwan, 2001
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 2366
- Non Response:
Interviews with the mothers
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Rating by mother in response to single question:
How often does your child feel unhappy, sad or depressed?
- Due to the low percentage of responses in the "often" category, arthors combined the first two categories into a single category to represent unhappiness.
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10