CBS (1987): study NL 1986
- De Leefsituatie van de Nederlandse Bevolking 1986, Kerncijfers.(Life Situation of the Dutch Population 1986.)
- S.D.U./C.B.S. Publications, 1987, The Hague, Netherlands
- 18+ aged, general public, Netherlands, 1986
- Survey name:
- NL-LSS 1986
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 2000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 10 questions:
During the past few weeks, did you ever feel ....? (yes/no)
A Particularly excited or interested in something?
B So restless that you couldn't sit long in a chair?
C Proud because someone complimented you on something
you had done?
D Very lonely or remote from other people?
E Pleased about having accomplished something?
G On top of the world?
H Depressed or very unhappy?
I That things were going your way?
J Upset because someone criticized you?
Answer options and scoring:
yes = 1
no = 0
-Positive Affect Score (PAS): A+C+E+G+I
-Negative Affect Score (NAS): B+D+F+H+J
-Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range: -5 to +5
Name: Bradburn's 'Affect Balance Scale' (standard version)
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -5 - 5 On range 0-10
- 2.00 7.00
- - -