Burke (1984): study CA Ontario 1983
- Burke, R.J.
- The Closing at Canadian Admiral Correlates of Individual Well-Being Sixteen Months After Shutdown.
- Psychological Reports ,1984, Vol. 55, 91 - 98
- Former employees, Ontario, Canada, 1982
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 183
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on two questions:
A "Taking all things together, how would you say you are these days ? Would you say you are......"
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
B in general how satisfying do you find the way you are
spending your life these days? Would you call it ........"
3 completely satisfying
2 pretty satisfying
1 not very satisfying
- Author's label:
- Global satisfaction
- Page in publication:
Satisfaction with marriage
Change region of residence
Attitudes to own (un)employment
Attitudes to life-events
Duration of unemployment
Switch to other job