Burger & Veenhoven (2017a): study NL 2017
- Burger, M.; Veenhoven, R.
- Geluk onder docenten (Happiness among Teachers)
- VanTwaalfTotAchttien, 2017, 14 - 15
- Working people, visitors of a self-help website, Netherlands, 2011-2015
- Survey name:
- No sample: full population
- N = 49350
- Non Response:
Web based Day Reconstruction method
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question
How happy do you feel today?
All response options marked by both a number and a smiley. No verbal labels are used.
This question is not suitable for the measurement of happiness of individuals, since mood of the day is not representative for usual affect. Yet average response to this question is accepted as a measure of happiness in a population, since individual variations balance out
- Author's label:
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.70 6.70
Hotel and catering