Burger & Veenhoven (2016): study KG 2015
- Burger, M.; Veenhoven, R.
- Trend in level and dispersion of happiness in nations 2006-2015’: Is there a difference between the affective and cognitive component?
- EHERO working paper 2016/1
- 15+ aged, general public, Kyrgyztan, 2015
- Survey name:
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 1000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 10 questions
Did you experience the following feelings during A LOT OF THE DAY yesterday? How about..?
B physical pain
Did you yesterday..?
G feel well rested
H smile and laugh a lot
I learn or do something interesting
J were you treated with respect all day yesterday
- Average % positive affect = (A+G+H+I+J)/5
- Average % negative affect = (B+C+D+E+F)/5
- Affect Balance = Average % positive affect - Average % negative affect
These questions do not measure hedonic level of affect of individual persons adequately, since yesterday's mood does not always correspond with typical average mood. Yet these questions can be used for measuring hedonic level in aggregates, such as nations, since individual variations balance out in big samples.
- Author's label:
- Experience Index
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -100 - 100 On range 0-10
- 55.00 7.75
- - -