Burger & Veenhoven (2016): study CA 2011
- Burger, M.; Veenhoven, R.
- Trend in level and dispersion of happiness in nations 2006-2015’: Is there a difference between the affective and cognitive component?
- EHERO working paper 2016/1
- 15+ aged general population, Canada, 2011
- Survey name:
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 1012
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cantril Ladder
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.42 7.42
- 1.81 1.81