Brown & Kasser (2005): study US 2005 /1
- Brown, K.W.; Kasser, T.
- Are Psychological and Ecological Well-Being Compatible? The Role of Values, Mindfulness, and Lifestyle.
- Social Indicators Research, 2005, Vol. 74, 349 - 368
- 18+ aged, voluntary simplify movers and controls, USA, 2005
- Non-probability accidental sample
- N = 400
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 9 questions
To what degree did you experience each of the following emotions over the past week?
0 not at all
Computation: (A+C+E+G+I0/5 - (B+D+F+H)/4
- voluntary simplifyers M = 2.05, SD = 1.82, controls M = 1.60, SD=2.20
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 6 On range 0-10
- 2.05 -
- 1.82 -