Brown & Gray (2014): study AU 2002
- Brown, S.; Gray, D.
- Household Finances and Well-Being: An Empirical Analysis of Comparison Effects.
- SERPS, 2014, No. 2014015, 1 - 39, Sheffield, UK.
- 16-93 aged general public, Australia, 2002, 2006, 2010
- Survey name:
- AU-HILDA combined waves
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 27530
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
All things considered, how satisfied are you with your life?
Again, pick a number between 0 and 10 to indicate how satisfied you are.
0 totally dissatisfied
10 totally satisfied
- Author's label:
- life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.90 7.90
- 1.45 1.45
Married vs widowed
Married vs divorced
Current status: retired or not
Not in labor force