Boyce & Wood (2011): study DE 2005
- Boyce, C.J.; Wood, A.M.
- Personality and the Marginal Utility of Income: Personality Interacts with Increases in Household Income to Determine Life Satisfaction.
- Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2011, Vol. 78, 183 - 191
- 17-96 aged, general public Germany, followed 4 years 2005-2008
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP combined waves
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 54460
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.94 6.94
- 1.75 1.75
Married vs never married
Current status: retired or not