Bowling & Gabriel (2004): study GB 2001
- Bowling, A.P.; Gabriel, Z.
- An Integrational Model of Quality of Life in Older Age. Results from the ESRC/MRC HSRC Quality of Life Survey in Britain.
- Social Indicators Research, 2004, Vol. 69, 1 - 36
- 65+aged, Britain, 2000-2001
- Survey name:
- Omnibus Survey
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 999
- Non Response:
Interviews took place in the homes of respondents. They lasted between 60-90 minutes.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Thinking about the good and bad things in your life, which of the answers best describes your life-as-a-whole?
1 as bad as can be
2 very bad
6 very good
7 as good as can be
- Author's label:
- Quality of Life
- The findings were not specified clearly.
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 18.02%, 5: 0%, 6: 76.68%, 7: 5.3% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
Socio-demographic + health
Socio-demographic + environmental factors
Socio-demographic + personality
Socio-demographic + social support
Degree of restriction
Feeling lonely (vs not)
Current livability of local environment
Concerns about health