Botwinick & Storandt (1974): study US St. Louis County, Missouri 1969
- Botwinick, J.; Storandt, M.
- Memory, Related Functions and Age.
- Thomas C. Publisher, 1974, Springfield, Illinois, USA
- 20-80 aged, general public, metropolitan St. Louis area, USA, 197?
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 120
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Some people seem to be quite happy and satisfied with their lives, while others seem quite unhappy and dissatisfied. Now look at the ladder. Suppose that a person who is entirely satisfied with his life would be at the top of the ladder, and a person who is extremely dissatisfied with his life at the bottom of the ladder. Where would you put yourself on the ladder at the present stage of your life in terms of how satisfied or dissatisfied you are with your personal life?, Circle the number
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction scale
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%, 7: 0%, 8: 0%, 9: 0%, 10: 0%, 11: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
Overall selfestimate of mental health
Global health rating