Bookwala & Schulz (1996): study US 1991
- Bookwala, J.; Schulz, R.
- Spousal Similarity in Subjective Well-Being: The Cardiovascular Health Study.
- Psychology and Aging, 1996, Vol. 11, 582 - 590
- 65+ aged couples, United States, 1991
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 1040
- Non Response
Participants completed a structured interview and the interviews were conducted separately with each spouse.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
How do you feel about your life as a whole?
Labels of other response options not reported
- Author's label:
- Feelings about life as a whole
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 6 On range 0-10
- 4.82 -
- 0.80 -
Happiness of spouse
Summed socio-demographic + life-appraisals
Summed socio-demographic + health
Summed socio-demographic + life-events
Summed socio-demographic + health + life events
Summed socio-demographic + life appraisals + life events