Bookwala & Schulz (1996): study US 1991
- Bookwala, J.; Schulz, R.
- Spousal Similarity in Subjective Well-Being: The Cardiovascular Health Study.
- Psychology and Aging, 1996, Vol. 11, 582 - 590
- 65+ aged couples, United States, 1991
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 1040
- Non Response:
Participants completed a structured interview and the interviews were conducted separately with each spouse.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
How do you feel about your life as a whole?
Labels of other response options not reported
- Author's label:
- Feelings about life as a whole
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 6 On range 0-10
Happiness of spouse
Socio-demographic + life-appraisals
Socio-demographic + life-events
Socio-demographic factors only
Socio-demographic + health + life events
Socio-demographic + life appriasals + life events