Bohn (1972): study ZZ Various nation sets 1960
- Bohn, C.J.
- The Effect of Children upon Life Satisfaction. A Thesis in Child Development and Family Relationships.
- Unpublished Master Thesis, Pennsylvania State University, 1972, USA
- 21+ aged, general public, Dominican Republic, Panama and Yugoslavia, ± 1960
- N = 5228
- Non Response:
Half-structured interview by native interviewers in each country.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Here is a picture of a ladder. Suppose we say that the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you and the bottom represents the worst possible life for you. Where on the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
[ 10 ] best possible life
[ 9 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ] worst possible life
Preceded by 1) open questions about what the respondent imagines as the best possible life and the worst possible life. 2) ratings on the ladder of one's life five years ago and where on the ladder one expects to stand five years from now.
Name: Cantril's self anchoring ladder rating of life (original)
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction.
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%, 7: 0%, 8: 0%, 9: 0%, 10: 0%, 11: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
Married vs never married