Blumenthal et al. (1991): study US 1985
- Blumenthal, J.A.; Emery, C.F.; Madden, D.J.
- Long-Term Effects of Exercise on Psychological Functioning in Older Men and Women.
- Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 1991, Vol. 46, 352 - 361
- 60-83 aged participants in 14 month exercise training and controls,USA,1985-1987
- Survey name:
- US-Duke Aging and Excercise Study 1985-87
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 101
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 10 questions:
We would like to ask you some questions about how things have been going. Please answer 'yes' if a statement is true for you and 'no' if it does not apply to you. In the past months have you been feeling
A On top of the world?
B In high spirits
C Particular content with your life?
F Very lonely or remote from other people?
G Depressed or very unhappy?
H Flustered because you didn't know what was expected of you?
I Bitter about the way your life has turned out?
J Generally satisfied with the way your life has turned out?
2 = yes
1 = don't know
0 = no
Computation: (A+B+C+D+J) - (E+F+G+H+I) + 10
MUNSH Affect Balance Scale
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance
- T1 average computed by WDH-team
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 20 On range 0-10
- 8.34 -
- - -
Body focused training